August 4, 2018 – Fr. Gilles 12 Step Program
1. We admit that we are powerless over our homosexual desires and emotions, that our lives have become unmanageable.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ, our Saviour and the son of God who is infinitely greater than ourselves, alone can bestow upon us the gift of charity and restore us to Christian celibacy through the sacramental life of the Church. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. We turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God believing and trusting that He is the only one who can transform our suffering into His peace and wisdom.
4. We make a searching and thorough and courageous examination of conscience.
5. We admit to ourselves and confess to God and to another human being the exact nature of our sins.
6. We desire our Father’s mercy and forgiveness and are entirely ready to have Him remove all these sins and defects of character.
7. We humbly ask Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. We make a list of all persons we have harmed, and are willing to make amends to them all.
9. We make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
11. Weseekthroughprayer,meditation,andthesacramentstoimproveourrelationship with God and His Church, praying for knowledge of His will for us, and the grace to carry it out.
12. Wearethankfulforwhateverspiritualawakeningandgracewehavereceivedasa result of these steps, and thereby strive to practice these principles in all our affairs and to live chaste lives that may serve as good examples to other homosexuals.